Monday, January 3, 2011

First Family Home Evening of 2011

One of our families New Years goals is to have FHE (Family Home Evening) every week. Our families are our greatest source of happinesss and joy and FHE helps to strengthen the family relationship. FHE, in the Mormon religion, is usually done on Monday night, but can be done on any night that works for your family. FHE will help hold your family together through the tough times in which we live. It will help to strengthen the relationships between family members. Its a night that is spent with your family where you play games with eachother and learn as a family more about the gospel of Jesus Christ.

A couple years ago we were given 52 simple and fun FHE lesson/activites for the year and so we decided that we were going to use that. The first lesson is entitled "I Am My Heavenly Father's Child".  We sang "I Am A Child of God" (Paisley lead the song) :) and then we gave the lesson and then Paisley got to do a coloring activity.

It was so great. I'm pretty sure Paisley didn't understand ANYTHING, but I still feel really good about starting it now and getting into the habit of it early. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good goal for the year. Paisley most likely heard more than you think. At least this is what I like to tell myself!!!

    ReplyDelete